1. Eat gelato on the triangle bridge in Florence
There's something magical about enjoying your gelato while you lean up against the bridge over the Arno River.
2. Drink wine at Piazza Miniato while you watch the sun set
Take it a step above Piazzale Michaelangelo - literally - in front of the church that sits higher on the hill.
3. Marvel at the famous duomo in each of these cities: Florence, Milan, Siena
4. Hike Mt. Vesuvius and visit the ruins of Pompeii
History class just got much more exciting, now that you're seeing it in person.
5. Eat Italian food...obviously
But this list wouldn't be complete without it. Carbs don't totally count when you're in Italy. ;)
6. Take a train or bus through the Tuscan countryside
Get lost in your thoughts as you stare out the window.
7. Visit the Colosseum in Rome
Perhaps the most iconic structure in Italy, the Colosseum is among many famous, ancient, historical sites that you cannot miss while in the Eternal City.
8. Go on an early morning run along the Tiber River in Rome
Take in the popular sights as the town wakes up: Vatican City, Castelo d'Saint Angelo, and maybe even head over to the Roman Forum and Pantheon. It beats the stagnant view out the gym window on the treadmill back home.
9. Head down to Sicily for a more unique feel for Italy
10. Set sail for the sea and dock at beautiful Italian islands
Elba, Capri, and Sardinia are a few of many Mediterranean musts.
11. Visit Venice during Carnivale (February)
This festival is sure to be worth the trip!
12. Go to Lake Como, a lake in Northern Italy near the Swiss border
Not just because George Clooney has a house there.
13. Taste a massive variety of gelato flavors at the Florence Gelato Festival (June)
Everything from red wine gelato to sushi-flavored is served, including original favorites such as ciocolatto, straciatella, and fragola.
14. For another festival to satisfy your sweet tooth, head to Perugia for the annual Chocolate Festival (October)
If they still play that dreaded "Cioooo--cooo---latte!" theme song on repeat...so help me God...
15. Go wine tasting in Tuscany
Where better to sample wine than in Italy's finest wine region?!
16. Have warm, fresh pastries from a Secret Bakery in Florence
Because Nutella croissants just taste way better at 2 am.