The French Riviera is a summer hotspot for many reasons but is often overshadowed by its more well-known sister, Paris. If you're headed to Europe this spring or summer, you definitely need to look into the French Riviera. Nice, Cannes, Monaco, and St. Tropez are calling your name.
12 Reasons Why You Should Visit The French Riviera
1. Located on the southeast coast of France near the Italian border, you'll find this incredibly beautiful coastal region.
2. The architecture is quintessential European with bright colors and a seaside flair.
3. Yes, a regular ol' building is that pretty. Let's take a closer look:
4. The rich and famous are notorious for spending summers here (it is home to the Cannes Film Festival and the Grand Prix, after all), and you can bet they'll be spending time on the water.
5. Yachts fill the marina.
6. Hmm, do you think any of these boats belong to celebrities?
7. When in France, you must try some fresh treats from the bakery.
8. Enjoy some macarons on a leisurely stroll, and while you do, stop and smell the roses - or some of these gorgeous pink flowers.
9. While in the area, cross borders to a whole new country - Monaco.
Monaco is a tiny city-state country with its own royal government, run for centuries by the Grimaldi family. (Yes, that's same royal family that inspired Blair's prince in Gossip Girl).
10. Monaco is home to the famous Casino de Monte-Carlo, known for its presence in James Bond movies.
11. It's also home to views like this.
12. By now, you must be convinced.
The French Riviera is the place to be during a summer on the Mediterranean.
You may also like...